Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fity mil

O hello, I didnt see you there, you caught me mending my fences!?  Thats from a Will Ferrell skit, pretty funny. Hes a funny guy, a bit vulgar at times but funny.  I had a friend who met him in NY while Will was filming Elf, when my friend approached him Will said 'hello my name is Fil Werrell."
Enough about that, yesterday was chock full o'stuff in the world. Not in any special order: the March for life in Washington DC -  The march is a collection of about 250000 folks supporting pro-life legislation and trying turn the Roe vs Wade legislation that legalized abortion on January 22nd 37 years ago. This is a very contentious point were common folks become enraged at the mention  of the issue, and thats on both sides of the coin.  One thing, for sure, is that we should all thank our parents for giving us the opportunity to have and share those opinions.  One thing is certain, 50 million of our American brothers and sisters are not here because of abortions (hence the title) and thats only the recorded cases in the last 37 years.  Worldwide that number is probably approaching a billion with the China and India boosting the numbers.  I cant imagine what a woman goes through when having a child but I could imagine the emotions of shear terror as well as utter bliss.  Regardless of the emotion or situation we should encourage all women to honor the tremendous gift that is a child. We as men must treat women with the dignity and respect they deserve, they are Gods most beautiful creation and we must not use them for our own desires and pleasures.  The man whose female counterpart has an abortion is just as culpable as the woman. We as men need to stand up and protect our women and help them release their true beauty as they help us to realize our own inner strength.
On a lighter note it was also Conan Obrian's last night on the Tonight Show.  What a drama there but he had some really great words about life that he gained from his experience at NBC.  To quote him "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."  In my first post I linked the 32 Keys to life and today I read about TODAY.  Conan's words and Todays are resonating with me today.  We often hope for something in the future that is going to make us happy, a better job, a nicer car, nicer home, and so on.  Sometimes we think we are owed something or should have this or be doing that and be happy like those people.  When this, that, or those never comes  self pity and doubt set in and it can ultimately lead to depression and despair.  I know I struggle with this and I  think it is something many struggle with.  Quoting a good friend, "happiness is a choice we have to make every morning when we wake up."  If we go on seeking something this day and come to the end of the day and have not found it, we have lost today.  We need to mend our fences ;) and start enjoying the day.
And lastly, my girlfriend got me tickets to go see the Knicks and Lakers at Madison Square Garden in NYCizzle.  It was a great time, Im so glad I got to share it with her and her family, I will never forget it.  A side note:  President Clinton spoke about the Haiti relief efforts.  He and President Bush are both doing more good now then when they were in office, whose with me on this one .......  have a great today.

No comments:

Post a Comment