Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome everyone

This is my first post and hopefully not the last, I get lazy ;)  My intention is write/comment about what is happening in the world and in my world, and how to embrace or cope with these events.  I hope that you find this beneficial and perhaps enjoyable to read so please comment and give me some feedback.
The title of the blog is Phinding Phreedom because life is about living free (and its an alliteration of my last name). Quoting Pope John Paul II, “Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.” Freedom comes from braking bonds to what is called "sin."  A good definition of sin is to miss the mark.  God has created all things good but sometimes we twist these things for our own good. Our own good may not be good at all but it may seem so because there is something pleasurable we think we will get from it.  This blog is about encountering those things and making the best of situations in the light of faith with a bit of psychology mixed in.
Lets start with today, there is alot going on in the world and at the top of my list is being out sick from work today.  The blessing in this is that it has given my time to start this page and that I am grateful for.  Making lemons out of lemonade is trite but I have found that thinking positive does make a difference in how we approach things, we can either regret or rejoice.
 Another happening in the world today is the Senate election in Mass. where Democrats have held the seat for nearly 40 years.  There is a great deal of focus on the election because a Republican may actually win and can swing the process of healthcare reform.  I heard a few months back someone call it "health insurance reform," I think this is a better way to view it and discuss it.  I guess we will see tomorrow what the future holds, until then, thanks for stopping by.


Here is a link that has alot of good info about life in general
32 keys for life



No comments:

Post a Comment